1. Name and contact details of the controller and of the company data protection officer
This data protection information applies to the data processing by:
Vogel Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Unter den Linden 21
Fon: 0049 30 400 54 044
Fax: 0049 30 400 54 045
The company data protection officer of the law firm can be contacted at the above address, using the additional address line "zu Hd. Herrn Rechtsanwalt Paul Vogel", or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Collection and storage of personal data, and type and purpose of its use
- When visiting the website
When you visit our website: www.vogellaw.de, the browser used on your device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in what is known as a log file. The following information is recorded without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer
- date and time of access
- name and URL of the retrieved file
- website from which access is made (referrer URL)
- the browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider
The data listed will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- ensuring a smooth connection to the website
- ensuring convenient use of our website
- evaluating system security and stability as well as
- for other administrative purposes
- When using our contact form
If you have any queries, you can contact us using the form provided on the website. A valid email address is required so that we know who sent the request and can respond to it. Further information can be provided voluntarily.
Data processing for the purpose of contacting us is based on your voluntarily granted consent in accordance with Art. 6(1)(1)(a) GDPR.
The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be automatically deleted after your request has been processed.
Sharing of data
Your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We will only disclose your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent to this in accordance with Art. 6(1)(1)(a) GDPR
- the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR is required for assertion, exercise or advocacy of legal claims and there is no reason to believe that you have an overriding interest, worthy of protection, in not disclosing your data
- in the event that there is a legal obligation for disclosure in accordance with Art. 6(1)(1)(c) GDPR, and
- this is legally permissible and required under Art. 6(1)(1)(b) GDPR for the execution of contractual relationships with you.
Information is stored in the cookie which links to the specific end device which has been used. However, this does not provide us with direct information about your identity.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies that are stored on your end device for a specified period of time to optimise user-friendliness. If you visit our site again to use our services, it will automatically be recognised that you have already been on the website, along with which inputs and settings you opted for, so that you do not have to re-enter them.
The data processed by cookies is required for the purposes stated above, in order to protect our legitimate interests as well as those of third parties pursuant to Art. 6(1)(1)(b) GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer, or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. The complete deactivation of cookies, however, may result in you being unable to use all the features of our website.
5. Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us pursuant to Article 15 GDPR. In particular, you may obtain information about the purposes of processing; the category of personal data; the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed; the planned retention period; the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection; the existence of a right of appeal; the origin of your data, if not collected by us; the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information about the details of the above;
- to request the immediate rectification of incorrect or complete personal data stored by us pursuant to Article 16 GDPR;
- to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you object to its erasure and we no longer need the data, but you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have objected to its processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
- to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to request its transfer to another controller pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR;
- to withdraw your consent given to us at any time in accordance with Art. 7(3) GDPR. As a result we will no longer be allowed to continue processing data based on this consent in the future and
- to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence or workplace or our main legal office.
6. Right of objection
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR if there are reasons for this that arise from your particular situation or if the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which we will implement without the need for you to specify a particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right of withdrawal or objection, simply send an email to email@example.com.
7. Data security
When you visit our website, we utilise the common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method together with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. As a rule, this is 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. The transmission of a single page of our website in encrypted form is indicated on our website by the display of a closed key or lock icon in the bottom status bar of your browser. We also use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction, or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved corresponding to the technological developments.